In a few hours Continental will cease to exist ; (
I was actually a fan of CO and flew on their BusinessFirst Product from Newark to Bombay and was impressed. I also liked their DIRECTV in-flight entertainment.
Now before you freak about about your CO miles, don’t worry they will still be there tomorrow in the form of United miles!
Using Miles, a free points tracking service, just sent me an extremely helpful email about the United / Continental merger, so I thought I’d share it!
- Sign in on United.com: use original OnePass account number & original Continental password.
- Your old OnePass account number becomes your new MileagePlus account number, effective March 3rd, 2012.
United MileagePlus members (no previous Continental OnePass account):
- Sign in on United.com: use your new 8-digit MileagePlus account number & original United password.
- United will assign you a new MileagePlus 8-digit account number on or before March 3rd, 2012, and your old 11-digit MileagePlus number will be retired.
- AFTER March 3rd, you can get your new account number by going to: http://www.
- Sign in on United.com: use original OnePass account number & original United password.
- Your old OnePass number becomes your new MileagePlus account number, effective March 3rd, 2012.
Continental OnePass & United MileagePlus members(who have NOT linked their accounts with United Airlines):
- You now basically have two MileagePlus accounts:
- Your original MileagePlus account: Sign in on United.com: use new 8-digit account number (assigned by United) AND use original United password
- Your NEW MileagePlus account, that replaces your original OnePass account. Sign in on United.com: use original OnePass account number AND use original OnePass password
- You can call 1-800-421-4655 to link your accounts, or wait for an online tool on United coming in April.
Hope that helps!